Single Speed Conversions: Do You Have A Freehub Wheel?
Let's get straight into this.
1. First of all:
- If you have a wheel with 8 or more sprockets on it then it is a Freehub Wheel
- If you have a wheel with a 3, 4, 5, or 6 sprocket system installed then it is not a Freehub Wheel.
- If it has nothing fitted, 1, or 7 speeds we need to investigate further.
2. These two images may help:
Freehub wheel with no Sprockets Fitted
Freehub with a Single Sprocket Single Speed Conversion Kit Installed
3. These two web pages offer discussion and images.
You are trying to work out if you have a Freehub (Cassette hub) or a Threaded hub: